The Body is set on default to produce what antibody (immunoglobulin)?
What is Hyper IgM syndrome…?
– It is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder
– The level of immunoglobulin M antibodies is relatively high
– It results from a defect in Th2 cell protein, which is CD40 ligand
– This causes immunodeficiencies such as higher than normal susceptibility to types of infections
– If you have hyper-IgM syndrome, you will also have a low number of neutrophils and platelets.
Also note…IgG represents about 75% of our serum immunoglobulins